My Haul from Amazon’s “Big Deal” eBook Sale
Amazon is running a Big Deal sale on Kindle books. It includes about 970 books and ends today.
Like most sales, there is quite a lot of dreck in there. But I waded through it all and I did manage to find a few good bargains.
- Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell, $2.99. This has received rave reviews from almost every fantasy fan. At this price, how could I not grab a copy to read?
- The Unincorporated Man, $2.99. I read this book last year and loved it. It’s a fantastic look at what would happen if people could raise money by selling “shares” of their future income, instead of taking out a loan.
- Zoo City, $0.99. I read an interview with the author and am intrigued enough to spend a dollar on her book.
- Fast Forward 1: Future Fiction from the Cutting Edge (Anthology), $0.99. An anthology of science fiction stories. What’s not to like for a dollar?
- Three Felonies A Day: How the Feds Target the Innocent, $3.99. I’ve seen this book referenced several times. At this price, I’ll give it a read.
- The Rage Against God: How Atheism Led Me to Faith, $2.99. Written by Christopher Hitchens’ brother, Peter. Hitch is notoriously opposed to Christianity. I’m curious about what brought his brother to the opposite conclusion.
- Stuff Christians Like, $2.99. The website is occasionally funny and, at $3, I thought the book might be too.
- The Discipline of Spiritual Discernment, $2.99. I own the hard cover edition of this and have never read it. I might have better luck reading the eBook version.
- The Pursuit of Holiness, $2.99. A classic book, by Jerry Bridges. I’ll pick it up cheap now in the hope that I’ll read it one day.
Not a bad haul for $21.00.